Friday, December 19, 2008

Isaac's 11th Birthday!

Okay, I am a mere 9 days behind here, but I am trying to catch up in chronological order, instead of skipping around the calendar, which would thoroughly confuse an already fragile mind- mine.

On December 10th Isaac turned 11 years old! Our sweet boy is growing up so very fast. The first birthday treat when he got home from school was a skype call with Kate, and he opened his gift from her- a Guinness hat and flag of Ireland.


When given a choice between eating establishments he chose his new favorite restaurant, Panda Heaven. Not actually a place where pandas go when they die, it is a restaurant with that ever popular feature- an Hibachi grill! (Yes, I meant an; in front of an H it still seems right somehow.) At Panda Heaven Isaac has discovered that they not only serve steak, (my little carnivore) but they also serve a soup which he loves. A clear broth with a mushroom or two floating in it accompanied by barely discernible onions and, I'm sure, plenty of msg. Yet, he loves this soup and we'll get a show as well, so off to Panda Heaven we went!

Isaac, loving his soup!

The three left at home- thrilled to be out to eat where someone else does the dishes!

Our Hibachi chef- rather soft-spoken, but fun nonetheless.

We begin with FIRE! Always grab attention at the beginning of a performance; flames work wonders in this department.

Isaac loves this part.

I see a face, a woman singing... I'm selling this flame on E-bay, it's my ticket to wealth. Yeah, buddy.

The ever popular Onion Volcano!

"You'll poke your eye out kid!"

And now the real fun begins...

This is where these sadistic chefs get their own laugh by throwing vegetables at the customers and making them do sea lion tricks...

Toss me one of these shrimp here and I'll bark for you too...

This kid's appetite has grown by leaps and bounds in the past few months- he really cleaned up here, and they serve a mountain of food by the time the meal is over!

Once home, Isaac got a call from Nathaniel in Hawaii!

Happy, happy eleventh birthday, my sweet Isaac. You are a blessing to me in so many ways. I love how you are living up to your name, so often ready with a joke or funny comment to make us laugh. Your smile lights up any room you're in- even all the way across the school auditorium. May you grow in wisdom and stature as you achieve your full measure of maturity in Christ.

I pray that "according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your heart through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God."
(Ephesians 3:16-19)

I love you!

No comments: