Saturday, May 31, 2008

Now Blooming!

Taking a stroll around the yard this morning I find such loveliness in the flower beds. My heart just sings at the variety of textures and colors with which God has painted His flowers. Last year I bought some sad past-bloom irises on clearance and transplanted others already in our yard. Now they are rewarding me with glorious blooms and colors.




Other shrubs and flowers are also showing their colors now, such as,
Rhododendron...
Peonies...
Foxglove...
And Columbine.


"Every good thing the people of God enjoy, they enjoy it in God's love, as a token of God's love, and coming from God's eternal love to them, and this must needs be very sweet to them." -Jeremiah Burroughs, in The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment.
Amen.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Those flowers are incredible! My poor garden is quite dry right now. We hope to have some rain next week!